San Bruno, CA
The Crossings apartment complex was a project already underway when Aqua Proof was given the job. Scaffolding was scheduled to go up and sealant had to be on hand to get the job done. The colors needed had to match, but they weren’t colors that were considered standard by most manufacturers. To get a custom matched color would require a long lead time and minimum quantities would have to be met. With the limited time that the scaffold would be up, this job just didn’t allow delays of any type.
Aqua Proof needed to get in and get the job done without problems. With the 70 standard colors available from Tremco for its Spectrem 4-TS Field-Tintable Silicone Sealant, matching the colors needed was easy. When the scaffold went up, Aqua Proof was ready. Because Spectrem 4-TS can be tinted on-site, Aqua Proof could also mix just the color needed when it was needed so there was never any delay. There was no excess inventory or waste and the job could get done efficiently and cost-effectively.
Another advantage of using the Spectrem 4-TS was the ability to include it under a single-source warranty provided by Tremco. Other Tremco products were also making life easier for Aqua Proof like the TREMproof 250GC waterproofing membrane, which was used on the plywood decks to ensure no failures at the seams. It goes on faster, cures faster and its high build with fabric reinforcement between coats eliminates cracking at the seams.
Spectrem 4-TS Field-Tintable Silicone Sealant, the industry’s first field-tintable sealant with an unprecedented offering of 70 standard colors.
- Multi-component, neutral-curing low modulus.
- Specially formulated for use in building joints with +/-50% movement, including EIFS, expansion and control joints, tilt-up panel joints, pre-cast concrete panel joints, and perimeter caulking around windows, doors and panels.
- Outstanding weather- and UV-resistance.
- Aggressive adhesion.
- Unprecedented dirt- and stain-resistance.
TREMproof 250GC, a revolutionary one-part, cold fluid-applied elastomeric waterproofing membrane that can be applied to “green,” or damp, concrete as well as wood, metal and masonry surfaces.
- Can be applied in a single pass up to 120 mils.
- Cures in up to four hours.
- No pinholes or gassing.
- Aggressive adhesion to concrete.