Located in downtown Aspen, Obermeyer Place is transforming a former warehouse site into a self-contained neighborhood blending residences with commercial entities, two levels of underground parking and a pedestrian walkway and plaza linking Main Street with Rio Grande Park. The revitalization project is one of the largest endeavors ever undertaken in Aspen, encompassing more than 236,000 square feet. Specifications call for a 10-year warranty on all waterproofing. Construction is on a fast-track schedule. Products need to provide absolute protection, while helping to expedite the production schedule, despite the onslaught of the cold Aspen winter.
Although not in the original specs, Tremco offers the full line of products necessary for under slab, vertical wall, horizontal surfaces, between slab and pedestrian areas, making it the preferred supplier. Waterproofing could be done on the entire project through one source, enabling it to be covered under an extended single-source warranty, which would more than meet the specs.
Using TREMproof® 260 Spray-Applied Waterproofing Membrane with TREMDrain® DPI, an all-in-one drainage, protection and insulation board, for the below-grade waterproofing would also make it possible to expedite the production schedule. AAA Waterproofing has used the spray-applied waterproofing membranes supplied by Tremco for 20 years with great success.
TREMproof 260 now enables a seamless, fully adhered continuous barrier to be applied without having to wait two to four weeks for the concrete to cure. In addition to the speed with which TREMproof 260 can be applied, TREMDrain DPI board can be installed the same day. There is no waiting and special preparation as there would be with typical protection, drainage and/or insulation courses.
Ultimate waterproofing protection can be provided in record time.
THE TREMCO SOLUTION
TREMproof 260 Spray-Applied Waterproofing Membrane, a polymer-enhanced single component, fluid-applied waterproofing membrane designed primarily for vertical applications such as foundation walls.
- May be applied to damp, or “green” concrete.
- No priming or special surface preparation is required.
- Forms a seamless, fully adhered, continuous barrier to provide protection against water penetration, even in areas with complex detailing.
- Bridges non-structural cracks and protects against water under hydrostatic pressure.
- May be sprayed in temperatures down to 20 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Low VOC formulation which minimizes odor and contributes to LEED certification.
TREMDrain DPI, an all-in-one drainage, protection and insulation board designed for use with TREMproof 260.
- Glass fiber design channels water to the drainage system and retains the board’s R-value to insulate the foundation wall.
- May be installed same day as TREMproof 260.